Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Some Things Settled


I looked into renting a trailer with an addition added on to the living room but it had already been rented. I had hopes of selling the property that Pap & Gram gave me to finance the log house I call my dream home. I contacted the owners to ask if they would like to sell their property. I was worried I would be hung up on seeing that the property has no for sale sign in the yard. Well the lady did not think I was a nut case like I feared. We had a very nice friendly chat. Her husband & her bought the property 10 years ago & do not want to sell. As she said it is a very rare property. I was disappointed but accepted that it was not meant to be. Who knows maybe in a few years to come.

As I said in the title of this post some things settled. I & the boys will not be leaving the homestead for some months to come. Our things will not have to be put into the storage building I called to rent. There is a separate entryway on the one end of the house. My husband has that end of the house to do with as he pleases. We share the laundry area in the basement for now but I have hopes to put a washer & dryer in the kitchen where I had planned on putting a large cupboard for my canned veggies & soups. All the lumber for that cupboard was taken back & I was lucky enough to be refunded what I payed for it. I have been busy cleaning & putting my things back in to place. My furniture has been moved back into the living room & the dinning room is still cluttered with containers. I have not found the containers filled with much of my fall decorations so I purchased some little pumpkins & gourds to spruce the homestead up for fall. (my husband backed out of buying the furniture he was going to buy. He decided it would cost to much & he would not have the room for it. He bought him self a truck instead. As long as the house payment & utilities are paid I don't care anymore).

Laken got a job & is staying with friends. They plan to rent another place later & share the rent costs. She gets ready for work here & dose he laundry here. I have been letting her use my truck to go back & forth to work. The truck is back in time for Lucas to get to work. This will have to continue until Laken has saved enough money for a down payment on her own vehicle or can share a ride with a coworker. It makes it hard for me to make & keep my own appointments on her days off. It has not been easy but we are managing for now.

Sam has adjusted well to his first year in the JR SR High School. I was worried but he is doing well & is happy with school. I got good reports for both Lucas & Sam at the school open house. With Lucas working every night I was worried he would not be able to keep up but he is doing good. Good grades & saving his pay to buy a vehicle. I am not ready for the vehicle thing.

My creations were offered at the fall festival the past two weekends. I will soon be finding out how well my sales were from the shop keeper. My fingers are crossed for good news. I hope to be back to creating again soon to have Christmas creations to take to the shop after Thanksgiving.

I have been trying to keep up with your blogs as time allows. I have learned to use an i-pod. I have seen wonderful photos of your fall displays in & outside of your homes. Makes me want to get back into doing some fall decorating. This year it will have to be very simple. Just some pumpkins & gourds. My energy level is not up to digging for all my fall decorations at this time. I have been stressed out to much with all that has gone on & I have not been feeling my best. Attorney & doctor appointments have added to the stress. But I have high hopes with what has been settled on & the doctor has ordered me some medication & rest.

Blessings Til Next Time!
Lara

14 comments:

  1. Here's hoping that life is a little calmer for you now Lara, sending hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have great kids, Lara and I hope you can all find some peace! Glad you can stay put!
    Take it easy on yourself - I will pray for you and your family.
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Lara.. Good to hear taht some things have been settled and you are able to stay in your home with the kids. the good lord works his miricles and he will take care of you even when it feels like he has given up on your needs.
    Once you get settled back in and get to working on creating again you will find peace in your creating.. Until then have fun redecorating the house, make it fun with new ideas for the Holidays coming. It will take your mind off all the things that are stressing you...
    Good to hear your son found a job and is working hard to save for a car. Always good to hear that kids are doing well in school.
    A True Blessings!!

    Enjoy you week!

    Hugs
    Tonya

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear things are beginning to calm down for you and you can move on and enjoy life.
    Take care of yourself my friend.
    Prim Blessings
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very good to hear from you again Lara. And while the arrangement right now may not be the one you hoped or prayed for, it is, at least as you say, "settled" for the time being. Sometimes this "in-between" stage is the hardest...like going over a bridge from one segment of your life to the next. Just hold steady to the Guardrails, don't look down, keep your balance and you'll be fine. And, hey - simple is often times the best - lots out there I see are sticking to the "naturals" look this fall. Glad to hear Laken found work and things are going well in school for Same. I continue to hold you close in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs & Blessings ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is good to hear from you again. It sounds like you have worked out a good option for you and the kids to stay put for now. I will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers, and will ask for the calmness that is so badly needed in your life.
    I send my best to you and your children.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lara~ so good to hear from you~ Many thoughts & prayers going your way~
    hugs to you~
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a relief to hear this news. It is probably best for the kids to not be uprooted and extremely good for you to NOT have to share your immediate quarters with your spouse. I cannot say husband because I have a much more pleasant picture in my mind of 'husband'. I hope things work out. You are wise to give up caring what he does, as long as it doesn't effect the kids.
    Lucas is just being a normal teenager. They all want their own wheels! You gave him roots. Let him test his wings. As parents, we have to have confidence in all we have done up to this point. He will make you so proud.
    Sounds like Laken is trying to become independent. It is good that there is some struggle. Don't want things to come too easily! :) You are lucky to have each other. "The love between a Mother and a daughter is forever."
    Please know you are in my heart and in my prayers. I have been where you are. Life does get better....
    Warm autumn blessings,
    ★Linda★

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad to hear from you again. You know how we worry....
    You sound like you are managing and that you are staying strong and not letting him take advantage of you. I do hope that you find a place of your very own to love and not have to worry about anything Lara. Best wishes to you dear.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So thankful you have some stability right now. You are doing much better than you might think that you are. Your creativity will flow again soon. Rest all you can, take joy in all you can, and pray, ask the Lord to continue to carry you and your children. Still praying for you and them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So good to hear from you again my friend. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad to hear things are working themselves out a little. You have been in my thoughts! I continue to pray for you and your family! Many blessings to you!

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Lara, Oh, it's good to hear from you sweetie. So you're living in the basement now? I suppose the dog is living upstairs with him. I'm sorry, I should be more positive for you. I just hope you're gonna be alright. Stay strong and be well.
    Hugs~Carol

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am glad you feel like posting again. Good luck with your sales. I would love to see some of the things you are making. -Steph-

    ReplyDelete