Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Laken & I Go On A Road Trip


Laken & I went on a road trip. After we finished up taking care of some business she had in the area we got gas & lunch at Sheetz. There was a place I had passed so many times when in the area & never had the chance to stop & visit so I thought why not just drive a short distance yet. I was so glad we did. This place is filled to the brim with wonderful wares & has such a history to it. Of course I just fell in love with all the painted floors & stair cases. The first two floors are open for shopping & the other floors are being made ready. Well I wondered up each set of stair cases I could get up & opened the doors to many rooms filled with boxes of wares to put out. Well yes I dug in them a bit & checked the prices out to. These floors were once rooms to be stayed in & had fireplaces in them. There were two bathrooms at the end of each of these halls. If only the walls could talk? I think I enjoyed the beauty of the building more than shopping. Laken commented she would like to have a house like this. I was shocked. I said I thought you did not like the old look. I was not shocked when she said she only likes the size of the place. Her taste is more modern. More like white glass & stainless steel. Well Mom would not change the look or the homey feeling she got when entering the door as the warmth of wood heat & smell of fire burning took me back in time.

A short drive down the lane along the river.

A view of the river.

A wonderful old tyme wood box on the porch.

Just one of the five stairways.

The landing at the top of the top of the steps.

The hall.

How ever I did not find what I was looking for. I was hoping I would find framed prints much like the ones hanging on the wall of the sitting room. I have searched over the years for George Washington & Abe Lincoln. Laken & I had fun wondering from room to room looking at all the wonderful wares they had to offer. I did purchase three little pine needle mini candle rings to place on the window candles. Before leaving we wondered about the grounds & took in the beautiful sight of the river & the sound of rippling water. I would love to go back in the spring & throw us a quilt & have a picnic lunch by the river after shopping. Time will tell.

If you would like to read about the history of this beautiful place & find out more about the shop & the wares they offer you can visit.
www.juniatacrossing.com

Blessings Til Next Time!
Lara

7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful place - inside and out....and oh, the amazing history! So glad you and Laken got out together and enjoyed your wanderings....A picnic in the spring sounds like a lovely treasure to look forward to and anticipate....Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful place!Love that staircase and the painted floor.Sounds like you and Laken had a fun day.Thanks for sharing your awesome pics.Hugs,Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat place. It is huge and so beautiful. How fun to have a little trip. Merry Christmas. -Steph-

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's an amazing place, I can't imagine all those staircases! It looks like a wonderful setting for a book! I love the painted floors, and the walk along the river. That just calls to me. I'm glad you and your daughter had time out to enjoy yourselves. I hope you and your children have a Very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful place!
    Thanks for sharing such a wonderful place ~ a kind of place I would like to come across.
    Prim Blessings
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful place to visit, sounds like you both had a lovely day
    Blessings
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful place! I agree, I love the painted floors and staircases, so pretty. I would love to find a place like that around here.

    Have fun ringing in the new year~

    ReplyDelete