Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day


God has blessed us with a beautiful warm day at the homestead after many days of storms & heading to the basement during the tornado watches. I am thankful God spared us from any damage. We lost our phone service for four days. So glad we had cell phones. A local auto body shop had its most busy day after the last storm. Many cars were damaged from large hail balls as big as softballs.

I bet you can guess where I have been spending this day. Yep in the gardens & the gazebo. Hot dogs on the grill with potato salad was enjoyed along with a mason jar of sweet tea. Tuesday will be the boys last day of school for this year. Summer vacation Yeah!

I wish you & your families all a blessed Memorial Day & thank all those who serve & who have served our country. My Pap served in WWII. He has been gone for a little over two years. Today I can thank him in a moment of silence. For me the holidays are the hardest times when remembering those who are no longer with us. Remembering Pap & Gram. No longer here with us but in my heart to stay.

Blessings Til Next Time!
Lara

2 comments:

  1. Lara,
    So glad you were safe from the storms ! Thank you so much for sharing your memories today ! Wishing you and yours a very happy safe holiday! hugs
    lil raggedy angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very glad that you and your family are unharmed from the storms . I have to say that is one beautiful display in the above pic ! It has been a hot day here with temps in the 90's and heat indexes from 109-122 . Have a great evening ,Jen

    ReplyDelete