Monday, June 14, 2010

Making Bread & Flea Market Finds

It was so hot and muggy here today but I just had to try making bread. It did not take as long as I imagined it would and it turned out to be easier than I imagined. A very sweet blogger helped me. Thank you much. The bread is so good. The boys and I have ate more than half a loaf tonight. I believe I will be making it again soon. I had fun making it and watching the boys enjoy it.

I got to pick up some goodies at a flea market and yard sale over the weekend. It was so nice to get out and hunt. I purchased the wool cradle blanket from an Amish lady who sells fresh produce at her stand. A little Amish boy had a desk with his money box on it outside the produce stand with a few tables of things. He may have been her son I am thinking. I believe the little boy was glad for the sale when the Amish lady gave him the money from me. I found another gray granite ware piece to add to my collection. I found these goblets that match the plates I already have. That was a plus. A plate rack would be nice to display them on. But for now they are in the cabinet. I could not pass these old garden tools and sheep shears up either. I have been wanting a fishing creel basket to put old garden tools in. I was lucky enough to come across the tools so far. I will trust some time the I will come across the creel.

The arbor is to be delivered tomorrow. We are looking forward to swinging in it.

I have been working on a blanket and the little doll. I will share photos soon.

Two of Ollies kittens have fallen in the pond. I thought cats were afraid of water. We put a screen over the pond tonight. All four of the kittens are growing. Mommy Ollie has brought them to the porch for us to feed. Ollie seems to go off and rest under the shrubs a lot. I guess she needs a break just like all mommies do.

Blessing til next time.






4 comments:

  1. OH I love all the treasures you found this weekend and nothing tastes better then a piece of homemade bread with butter on it..:) I could climb into a loaf..;) love it..have a great tuesday.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finds at the flea market. I can't wait to see where you put the arbor/swing. BTW, I love the photo of the tricycle in your Saturday post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fabulous new finds!!
    And that bread looks so Yummy.
    Its making my tummy rumble!! :)
    Tam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lara, great finds-I collect gray graniteware and have a few pieces of pewter that I love. I haven't made homemade bread for awhile but I can smell it baking now!!! I bet it was delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete