Monday, November 22, 2010

Some Projects Started & Some Finished


I gathered some evergreen branches today & wired them together for the outhouse door. Sam & I will have to venture to the woods for some large pine cones to add. Some where I must have a red bow to tie on. I filled the bird feeder for the little birds that have came to eat. They sounded so sweet chirping as they ate. After many photos & not getting the birds in none of them I gave up. They would fly in & go to the back of the feeder to eat & then fly away. Silly little birds.

I got this recipe card holder at a church sale for only 50 cents. I planned on painting it & giving it as a Christmas gift. I had forgot about it but remembered after seeing something on another blog. One of the Tuesday Display Chains. The Peek - A - Boo Tuesday Posts. I hung it to see if it would work & it seemed to be perfect.

Off I went to get the power tools. Eight holes drilled to start & eight lines to cut.

Well two squares opened. One in the back & the other in the bottom. A little sanding done & it was ready to be painted.

All painted & I did remember to distress this piece. Oh I did do some distressing on the sewing machine cabinet to. It looks much better. So the use to be recipe box is now hiding something on my wall.

I can now hide that ugly but much needed thermostat. Thank you for helping me come up with this idea Lori at http://loritheblackcrow.blogspot.com Lori has a wonderful blog where she shares so many beautiful displays.

I will soon be adding these Christmas tart bags to my side bar.

I sewed up a pillow for the little dogs basket. I had this fabric left over from when I recovered the dining room chairs. The fabric had been stashed away for along time. I figured I should use it up. The little dog has been sound asleep since jumping into his basket. He must like the pillow.

In less than a hour after I planted grass seed & put straw down over the old pond area the big dog decided to make his bed in the straw & sun himself. He was happy & that was fine. Before he left he dug a hole. That was not so fine. Hubby had a little job to fix after he took the dog back to the barn. So now we wait to see if the grass will grow.

Blessings Til Next Time!

7 comments:

  1. You did great with the conversion to a thermostat cover with a nice paint job to boot:) Lil doggy looks as happy as a Lark with his new pillow. Your pine sprigs made a big difference on your out shed. The pine cones and red ribbon will really make it pop. I hope you all have a happy Thanksgiving hon:)
    Hugs~Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so talented! Great job! The doggies are so cute! If i don't make it back before then, have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday!
    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was really sweet of you to make that little doggy a pillow for his basket. :)
    LOVE the cover for the thermostat.
    Happy Holidays!
    ★Linda★

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pine sprigs on your outhouse door and GREAT job on the therm cover!! I have one too and love it! 50 cents, bargain!!
    Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The outhouse looks so cute with greens hanging on it.

    Perfect way to hide the thermostat! I was taking a picture this afternoon and that dreaded thing kept poking its way into my picture. I need to make one to hide mine.

    Your tart bag is so cute. I just started making them this year. They are quick and easy. I love the sweet tree design on yours!

    Your little doggie looks so cute in his basket, sounds like he loves his little pillow.

    ReplyDelete