Thursday, July 28, 2011

Millie Will Be Traveling Soon


Looks like Millie will be traveling soon to her new home. Maggie & Millie still have a sister in the makings. I am a little slow to getting her finished. Again when she is done I will be asking you all to help me name her to.

For many years my mother & I have not been in touch or close. Near the time before my Pap's passing we made contact & since kept in touch a few times a month. I am not one to run to my mama. She has visited a few times & called at not so good times. She has noticed things when visiting & or calling. I have shared little with her but she has offered her basement to the kids & I. She completely remodeled it over the past few months. There is a small kitchen & 1/2 bath. It would be a bit of a daily drive for getting Lucas back & forth to work & stopping in to feed the creatures at the homestead & the new church but is possible over the next few weeks before school starts for the boys. There would be time for me to think rest & work on my creations for the shop. When time allows & I have internet access I will keep up with your blogs. There is free wireless where Lucas works for the customers. I guess I could be a customer & there is a/c to boot. Thank you for the helpful information for me to look into & your prayers. Before I close I wanted you all to know Laken is much better & her cuts have healed with just a few scars on her legs. She applied for another job & is waiting for a date & time for her interview. That is much to be thankful for. Praise be to God.

Blessings Til Next Time!
Lara

5 comments:

  1. That's bittersweet news about Millie - I'm so glad for her and for you she found a new home, but wished she could have come here - but I spent my allowance for the week and then some! ;o)

    I sense hope in your words - and I hope it's so. Like I said earlier, change is not easy, nor comfortable - but, you can't let yourself get stuck....If a decision has been made, look inward, and around you, and see what the next step needs to be....Best of luck to you and your children (and sweet Millie!) Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I am sad, I want Millie too, but I am broke this week too. Oh well, I am sure she will be happy at her new home.

    I to hear HOPE in your words tonight. I am so thankful that you have somewhere to go. I was going to suggest coming to NC. We have several primitive style stores within a hour drive of my home where you could sell your treasures at. But, I am glad you will be close to the kids school and please go get on the internet daily.
    Hugs,
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you have a door open to you. This may be the perfect opportunity to retreat from this bad situation and restart, reload and regain your faith in yourself. You have your children who are always your truest blessings anyway, right? Come on girl, sit up, take a deep breath and go find yourself! You will like yourself when you meet you again!
    Donnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lara, I just caught up with everything that's been going on since June. I am sooooo sorry. I have been in your shoes. However, I was lucky he left me. I was not budging from the house especially because of the kids. In time I did leave after finding full time employment and a decent apartment. I know how you feel and believe me it will get easier. I got no money or anything except child support and that didn't start for 6 months. You will find a way. If you have never heard of Angel Food Ministries look into it. You can get food at a really great price. The house finally was foreclosed on in December but not after him living it and not paying for a year. So it has affected my credit too. So be glad you will get nothing. If you ever need someone to talk to let me know. Like I say I have been there done that.

    I am so happy your daughter is OK. That was a terrible accident she was in. My daughter is 16 but I am in no hurry for her to start driving.

    Hang in there Lara.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lara,

    So glad to hear your daughter is recovering well. So much to be thankful for. I continuously pray for you. It is a blessing this opportunity opened up at your Moms. I think it could be a great new start for you and your children. I know it's not an easy decision to make, but God knows what he is doing. Have faith in him on this new journey. Sending hugs and I hope all works out!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete