Monday, August 9, 2010

A Peg Board & Quilt Rack For The Homestead LVR


After looking at blogs & many Country Sampler magazines I decided that I seemed to also like quilt racks to. So a quilt rack was designed into the peg board. Lucas & Laken are holding the first try up to see how it will look. We noticed the the shelf on top of the quilt rack was not very deep and the brackets were to close to the wall to hang something on it. I wanted more space between the bar and wall. With a deeper shelf it also allowed for longer pegs which allowed hanging larger items from the pegs. The pegs in the peg board in the hall are a bit to short & I had to put tacks in the pegs to keep the lantern & wire jar holders on the pegs when the hall doors were being shut. So we got a wider board & waited for the homestead owner to get it cut. I had to giggle a little when Sam asked if we were going to hang our coats from the pegs.

The wall was a bit bare & it seemed the perfect place to put a peg board to me.

For now I have the penny rug runner I am still working on hanging from the bar. This is where I wanted to put some colonial coverlet runners. Thank you all for sharing the web information to find them in my last post. You are all so helpful & sweet.

I am very happy with how it all turned out and the more colonial look it has added to the LVR. So far I have two new lovely baskets to hang from the pegs. I have been wanting them for a long time. There is a third basket I plan to hang from the center hall door when they get recovered. The baskets were a gift from my Mom. I thought it would be awhile before I could get anything to hang from the pegs. The baskets were perfect and perfect timing too. I think I would like to hang some bunches of dried herbs from some pegs. Not real sure what to put on the top of the quilt rack shelf. I am not giving up on a blanket crane. I think it will just have to go in the master bedroom when dollars allow for a little remodeling in there.

Blessings Til Next Time!

11 comments:

  1. LOVE it!!!! Great choice it's perfect.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks wonderful! Great choice!! Have an awesome week.
    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted to stop back over and tell you how much I appreciate your comment on my blog. You are so sweet and always write the nicest things. I'm so glad for the opportunity to get to know you better. Many blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that really looks nice Lara:) Now I want one too. I'll be adding that to hubby's "To Do" or should I say "Honey Do" list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like it--very prim! You will find tons of stuff to hang. I love long john baskets, too. They look great with grasses or berries in them. Yes, you are going to love your peg rack/quilt hanger/shelf!
    ★Linda★

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, definitely love quilts and anything quilt related!!! Glad the project went well!!! Have a great week. Hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the quilt rack and peg board..and I love the penny rug on there and the 2 baskets..can't wait to see it all decked out..thanks for the complements on the bathroom..as soon as the peg board is hung..I will reveal it..hopefully by the end of the week...will see if hubby will hang it up for me..might have to wait till sunday or next monday..his days off.;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea, I love the peg rack and quilt shelf combo! I know it will look great all decorated, awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your peg rack! It looks perfect in your room!!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  10. The room looks great with the peg/quilt rack and love the colors in the room!!!

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Lara, I LOVE it! It looks great there and definitely better than a crane. It will be prim wonderful when you hang some coverlets on it, or buy some homespun fabric and just fold it over. You can get it for a few dollars a yard... much, much cheaper than the coverlets and still gives a colonial look.

    ReplyDelete