Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Amelia Gets A New Dress & Bonnet

Amelia is the first doll I ever made. I had to keep her for myself since she was the first. I will be adding some of my other dolls to my selling blog in the future. As the title of this post says she got a new dress & bonnet. I seen this great dress at a shop while the homestead owner & I went for a drive Tuesday. I could have made it myself but you know some times it is nice to just get it and use it right away. I had made this bonnet weeks ago and offered it in a post. It did not sale so I had it packed away in a picnic basket. I knew it would look great with this new dress so out it came and now Amelia is all dressed for fall. I also got this beautiful coverlet that is behind Amelia. It is another Family Heirloom Weavers throw. It is a bit littler than the last one I got. I could not pass this up. I was given a 20% discount on it. That made it all the better. I hope to collect other pieces to put with the two I have now & use them to redo my bedroom.

Amelia was wearing this little white baby dress & bonnet I coffee stained. The dress & bonnet was worn by my daughter Laken for her first baby photo. For many years it hung in the closet. Laken has already graduated from high school a few years ago. Oh how they grow up so fast.

For now Lakens baby dress & bonnet have went into the wood chest. I plan to hang it from a peg board in the bed room. I would love to start the bedroom soon. I am waiting for the homestead owner to purchase some boards to frame the window. I have so many ideas for this room. Got to have one of those blanket cranes in there to. In time one thing at a time I always say.

Thank you all for your helpful comments on my Home Canning Question Post! You are all great!

Blessings Til Next Time!

6 comments:

  1. Amelia looks wonderful in her new dress! The ideas for your bedroom sound great :0)
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lara - thanks so much for stopping by for a visit! I'm enjoying myself reading here and seeing all your lovely primitive decor! I just love it - and Amelia looks great! I'm looking forward to visiting again and keeping up with your "prim" homestead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just tried writing a comment and it disapeared!
    Amelia looks wonderful. :-) Can't wait to see your bedroom do over.
    Thank you for the encouraging comment you left on my post. I always enjoy hearing from you.
    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is darling! I love the ticking. Laken's dress and bonnet will look good on a twig hanger on your peg board. I love old baby clothes---the older, the better.
    ★Linda★

    ReplyDelete
  5. you did a fantastic job on your doll..she looks so cute..i can't wait to see your new bedroom.;) have a great day.;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The dolls are so beautiful!!! I love how you dressed them...wonderful. My mother LOVES dolls and she'd really enjoy these, too!!! Oh, I want to do so many things to my home...but you are right, it's one step at a time :) :) Have a great rest of the week...Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete