Friday, October 8, 2010

Ozzy All Done Up For Fall


Ozzy is finished & has a bow around his neck. He needed a little color. For now I put Ozzy in my huge gray granite ware basin. The basin has been hanging on the dinning room wall since I got it back in July. You may remember seeing it in a post before. I found this wonderful pumpkin at Walmart that I have been looking at each week we go there for groceries. They only had one left so I just could not wait for it to go on sale. It is pumpkin season now. I used the flowers & cattails I already had. I got the scarecrow at an auction a long time ago for only 50 cents. He will soon be getting a redo in the days to come. I never liked his clothes. I want to dress him a bit prim. His head needs glued on to. Well I believe I will wait & glue it after he gets new clothes. I hope to get to it this week. I thought it was really neat to just look around the homestead for things I already had to put together & use to make Ozzy for a fall display on the dining room table. All I needed was a pumpkin. I love the saying carved into it. Give Thanks! A wonderful reminder I have so much to be thankful for.

Blessing Til next Time!

4 comments:

  1. Ozzy is cute, I like how he is peaking around the scarecrow!
    Cute kitty! Job well done!
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nicely done Lara:) Yes, we all alot to be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lara and thanks so much for leaving a lovely comment on my blog. It is wonderful how this blogging connects us with so many wonderful people and we see how much their kindness matters!
    I love the pumpkin and especially the reminder on it to give thanks. Yesterday we have a blessed time at our church giving thanks for the harvest.
    God bless
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello again Lara!
    Just to let you know i nominated you and your blog for an award which you are most welcome to accept!
    Just pop over to my blog and find out more!
    Best wishes
    Christine

    ReplyDelete