Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Going Out Of Business Sale


The boys and I made a fast trip in to my favorite primitive shop today. I was very surprised the shop is already about empty. This was only their fourth day of the sale. The clerk said they did not expect the shop to empty out that fast. I will miss having it near by. It is the only primitive shop close by. The next one is a hours drive away. It seems primitives have not caught on in this area. I did find some really good buys. The wood turkey will hang on my arrow in November. I have seven other seasonal hangers I hang for different months. I have the bee hive hanging this month. I have been very lucky to get more than one of them at a great discounted price. Still looking for the black eyed susan flower at a discounted price. The turkey is in the July 2010 Country Sampler issue on page 96. I saw this set of six mini black baskets with potpourri in them displayed at Christmas on one of their trees. They still had a set left and smell good. I got the rusty bells and warm & natural batting at another shop having a Christmas in July sale close by. I have a pack of fat quarters I want to do something with some day. My youngest son thinks I should make a boy doll so I seen this little straw hat that would be perfect for a boy doll some day.

I added a berry candle ring to the peg rack. Another great discount. It looks full for now and I am happy with it.

So this is what I ended up with for the sewing machine box. They had no iron black crows but when I seen this light and roosters I liked them. It works for me. What do you think? Oh the shops had A/C and that was wonderful. The boys stood right in front of a vent while I looked around. They were in no hurry to leave. How ever a Mc Donalds was close by and they were hungry so we made a stop at the drive by window. So that was our big day out and home we are again.

I showed you a doll in the last post I started some time ago and I thought you might like to see the pattern. This is the photo attached to the pattern for the vacuum cover doll. I have material already here I will be using for her clothing. Right now I am working on her arms. If you would like a pattern for yourself I purchased it from an etsy shop Bettes Tomorrows Treasures some time ago. The pattern has a web address on it - www.bettestomorrowstreasures.com. I will let you see it when I am done IF it dose not end up back in a work basket again.

Praise God it rained for hours last night. I will trust it will make the grass green and perk up all the plants in the homestead garden. We will be heading out to the gazebo to play some yahtzee and look at a box of National Geographic magazines we were given. It should be cooler out there I sure hope.

Blessing til next time!

6 comments:

  1. love the goodies you got today and love the sewing box..it looks complete and wonderful..:) hope you have a wonderful evening playing games..:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind words on my post today. that means a lot to me.

    I agree there is so much potential in that old homestead....I love wrap around porches and swings too. Hope you have a nice evening.

    jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great purchases, sounds like a successful day out!
    I love your collection of wooden houses above the curtain rail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes we are always with our girls, and it's a joy, but we do feel it flying by and they are growing so quickly! A tripod is a great idea, I guess it would be nice if my girls knew what I looked like looking back! LOL
    I bet your boys enjoyed playing in the hose today! We are due for another scorcher tomorrow too. How old are your boys? We will be doing more crafting tomorrow trying to beat the heat. Try to stay cool!
    Blessings, Jill

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you were able to get some real goodies but I'm sad that your favorite shop went out of business. I hate that when it happens. As soon as you find a wonderful shop or restraurant etc it closes. Maybe something wonderful will open up in its place.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate when places go out of business, but I sure love the wonderful discounts! You picked up some nice goodies. It's looking good, girl!

    Enjoy that nice time in the gazebo... sounds like a fun time!

    ReplyDelete