Saturday, March 19, 2011

More Ramblings From The Homestead


The red robin hood tulips are coming up through the soil. The sun is shinning. If the wind would stop blowing it would be a splendid day to sit in the gazebo. For now I will just enjoy the day looking out windows. Sam is feeling better & the doctor advised he not go back to school until next week & take his meds as directed. I will miss him when he goes back. Summer is coming soon & he will not have to be sick in order to be home. Both ears & throat have infection & his one lung has wheezing in it as he breath's. Thanks for all your well wishes. The rest of the week was spent doing some sewing, woodwork & watching the feathered friends.

I have been busy sewing some more creations. I started the bonnet & I am disappointed in it. It looked so nice in the photo I seen before ordering the pattern but when put together it is not what I was looking for. I have seen so many beautiful bonnets on your blogs. I thought they were made that you could even wear them. This one is to just hang on a peg board. To keep the head area filled out it says to stuff with tissue paper. I need to find another pattern.

I have always disliked the doors inside the homestead. Not sure why anyone would put yellow door knob's on the doors either. Month's ago I experimented & covered the kitchen closet door & changed the door knob. The wood has been here unopened so I covered one of the three doors in the hallway.

The door covered waiting for the trim & finishing touches before being painted.

Not sure if this is Lucy or Ethel but she likes to fly to the top of the brooder & sit when the lid is off for feedings & cleaning.

The ducks took another quick swim in the garden pond this week. The fish are all safe. I am thinking they may be to big for the ducks to swallow any way. It dose not seem to be causing any harm to the pond that I can see. I have been wondering if it will cause any problems or if I am wasting time wondering. Off to take Laken my daughter to apply for a second part time job. Nice chating with you all.

Blessings Til Next Time!
Lara

8 comments:

  1. Love the doors, sounds like you have been busy , hope your son feels better soon and my Princess so loves the pic of the lil chickie . Hope the sun is shining on the homestead and you have a great week.
    hugs
    lil raggedy angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lara, love your header photo of your home..just love it..love the rest of the photos and that baby chick is too precious..have a great rest of your weekend..glad to hear Sam is on the mend.;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lara... Gald your son is feeling better...

    That Baby Chic is so darned cute.. I think Brother and Sister n Law are gona get some baby chicks soon...I can't wait...

    Have a great weekend!!

    Blessings
    Tonya

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see you finally got your chicks. Won't be long until they will be grown and you'll have eggs to collect. I am collecting about a dozen eggs a day since the weather has gotten nicer. My husband plans on getting some chicks in about a week, we need more hens, we have 9 now and the older they get they will slow down on the egg production. Last time we got chicks they all turned out to be roosters all six of them. Hope we get hens this time.
    Good luck!
    Tamera
    Country at heart

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clever idea to cover the doors and knobs. I like it! I would think your ducks will only eat bugs and worms according to their environment. I think:) Yes, make sure Sam takes all his meds. He must be momma's helper:)
    Hugs~Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty pics~Peep so cute!
    Hope Sam gets well soon~
    smiles
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad to read that Sam is getting a little better.

    Loved your pic of the little chick, made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, just like the chick.

    Have a lovely weekend,
    Blessings
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love to see the ducks frolicking in the pond and your chick-whether it be Lucy or Ethel--is adorable. You give Sam a big hug and tell him I hoping he feels lots better real soon.
    Love what you did to the door!
    ★Linda★

    ReplyDelete