Sunday, December 5, 2010

Christmas Living Room


Electric candles & lights a glow welcome you to our Christmas Living Room.

Our stocking were hung.

I tweaked this display a bit. While looking at our decorations from Christmas pasts I found these little white birds Sam picked one year & I added some wooden apples for a splash of color.

Long john baskets filled with pine & cones.

To get answers we must seek & pray.

Oh what fun Sam Laken & I had decorating our Christmas tree.

Some greens & berries.

Wood gingerbread men & rusty bells with homespun rag ties.

Wood snowmen & wood light bulbs.

Some of Grams old clothes pins & wood hearts.

Tags stained in coffee & vanilla baked to a crisp I stamped Jesus Is The Reason For The Season. Simply just tied to the branches.

To cover the tree stand I added some flowers inside of the basin. Since the photo I have tweaked it a bit & added brown shredded paper balls in between the flowers & holly leaves.

Blessings Til Next Time!

8 comments:

  1. Your home looks beautiful! I absolutely love it!
    XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really sweet. I loved all the decorations, especially the vintage tags and clothespins on the trees. The stockings...Those are really cute, too!! In fact, if I get my act together in time, I'll make something similar for Christmas!!! Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your home looks amazing! You need to enter it in a home magazine! Beautiful!! I love it :-)
    Have a great week!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love everything--especially the clothespins and mistletoe. Very creative. Love the large wood birds. I covet them! LOL
    ★Linda★

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh, just how I would love mine to look. It's all beautiful:) Hugs~Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH, it looks amazing!
    I really like how you arranged the one area with the white swan?goose?, so so pretty, looking at it the whole wall looks simply perfect!
    Wonderful job!
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything looks so festive!! I love the tag stamping and the wooden gingerbreads AND really love the old granite bowl that you used for the tree stand. I took your advice about doing a little something to get in the mood ~ so I baked up six loaves of gumdrop bread. I think it would have been easier to put up the tree!
    Have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping over at my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your Christmas decorating! The tree is prim perfect with all kinds of neat ornaments hanging on it.

    ReplyDelete