Friday, December 17, 2010

Christmas Tree Candles


These are the Christmas tree candles I was telling you about yesterday. So simple to make. By chance you may have tons of unused craft supplies stashed away from other craft projects like me. Here is a way to use some up today. Mini clothes pins & spools stained. A drill & small drill bit to open the spool holes just a little bit for the candles you will use. Scrap muslin cut & tied around the spools (two each per spool). Glue to attach the spools to the end of the clothespins. Birthday candles to insert in the spool holes. I would love to find black birthday candles. But for now these will do. Now clipped to the branches of the homestead Christmas tree. So pretty & old fashioned. For safety I will not light them & burn them. Just another prim pretty for looks!

Blessings Til Next Time.

13 comments:

  1. Neat idea! I have all that laying around now.Warm Blessings!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Lara for a super prim idea!
    I love them and they would be simple to make!
    Warm winter wishes!
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! I also love the wooden light bulb. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Prim Candles are adorable. I think I will create a few and add them to the girls Christmas Ornament package I'm creating for them ...well that is if I have time..

    Christmas Blessings
    Tonya

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute idea. They look so oldfashioned.
    Love it!.
    AMY

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are super cute!! Thanks for sharing :0)
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool! I think I have those things stored here and there around the house. Thanks for the idea:)
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those came out great, your so creative! Have a wonderful holiday!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! Just wanted to say thanks for stopping by my blog and that I'm so appreciative of your prayers. Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like the look of these! What a lovely idea! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and a very blessed New Year!

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute and old-fashioned idea! I love to grunge candles... I wonder how hard it would be to grunge some little birthday candles... hmm. I'm gonna have to bookmark this post and start making some next summer so I can have them done by Christmas, hehe! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete