Thursday, December 2, 2010

Christmas Tree Arrived


Sam & I have been waiting for the Christmas tree to arrive. Not sure who was delivering it I saw the UPS truck at the post office & asked the driver if he had a package for us. He checked & No sorry I don't. Off I went to pickup the meat. I called the company & got the tracking number & went online to see where the tree was when I got back home. It left the terminal at 6:33 a.m. today. We had such down pours of rain yesterday & today there were roads closed due to flooding. Not sure it would get delivered I was still hoping. I told Sam when he got off the bus the tree was to be delivered today but was not here yet. That evening near dark the Fed X truck pulled in. Our tree was here & the delivery guy was bringing it to our door. Goody!

Our Christmas tree is inside of this not so large or heavy box. At this time I was wondering how big is this tree. No time to waste I had to cut it open & find out what it was like. Yes the branches look primitive & it has the lights in the branches. Oh there are the twigs to. A german twig tree this Christmas we will have. In pieces & compressed it did look oh so so small.

Tree out of the box & put together. Oh it took some time pulling all those branches down & opening them. I am not so much into tree skirts so the big old gray granite ware wash basin was taken from the kitchen & replaced with a Christmas wreath of pine sprigs & cones. We all know how not everyone is into prims. I was asked the big question. Are you really satisfied with that tree. Well yes I am. I was not so sure when I saw the size of the box & lifted the box with one hand. I was wondering if I would be sorry. I cant wait to get it decorated with our ornaments from Christmas pasts.

I purchased these wooden cheese boxes at the local farmers market from time to time. Later I painted & stained them & then stenciled designs on them. These are where I keep our Christmas tree decorations during the year until it is time to take them out & decorate the Christmas tree. They make a great place to store the decorations & looks good above the T.V. Better than rubber maid tubs. We will soon get them down & start hanging them on our new Christmas tree. Then Christmas will come to the living room here at the homestead.

Blessings Til Next Time!

14 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I think the tree looks awesome! Love the wash basin.
    Just prim lovely!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the tree. Prim Christmas is my favorite and eventually I hope to have my entire house that way but for now my kids are still attached to a lot of our old stuff so I still put it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great! I love the basin it is in! Your home looks so warm and cozy! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome tree. I bought two 6 foot German Twig trees myself for Christmas this year. I just love the old appearance they have. I decorated one of them with dried orange and apple slices, cinnamon icicles and clear lights. I just love the way it looks.
    I hope you enjoy your tree as much as I do mine.
    Hugs,
    AMY

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks beautiful!
    I love the german twig, I still have mine in the box, I am hoping to get to it this weekend!
    I can't wait to have the time to do it, Me & the Hubby do it together so, we have to pick a time we are both in the mood( ok him in the mood)lol!
    The boxes are so pretty, you did an excellent job with them!
    enjoy the tree!
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lara

    Love the tree and your home looks so nice and prim. That is a great idea with the boxes and I love the way you decorated them!

    Happy Holidays,
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the tree is just right :) :) Oh, using those cheese boxes to store your Christmas decorations throughout the year. That's really creative...and you are v ery right. It looks so much better than Rubbermaid!!!! That's a great idea!!! Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love you new tree. Where did you order it from? Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for getting back to me. I actually found one online today at the site you got yours. I think I'll wait till next Christmas to order it but at least I know where to get it from. It's just wonderful. Are you loving it? I'm not sure if you know it but you are a "no reply", so I couldn't answer your email and that's why I came back here to answer you. Hugs,Anne

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE the German twig trees and will own one some day. The wash basin looks wonderful holding the tree instead of using a tree skirt. Looks good Lara!

    What a nifty idea to store your ornaments in the cheese boxes! I love using my wooden boxes for things. I enjoy making all my things functional. I have a cheesebox that is just waiting for a makeover... hopefully soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. replica bags nyc Check Out Your URL c4a35d7m74 replica bags in pakistan discover here c6g71q9d98 high quality designer replica replica bags paypal accepted i4u36v9a32 go now z4t40s8n38 best replica bags online replica bags nancy

    ReplyDelete
  12. additional info replica bags high quality high quality designer replica best replica ysl bags the original source zeal replica bags reviews

    ReplyDelete