Thursday, December 16, 2010

Sharing My Day


Today the aroma of snicker doodle lingered in the air as I worked on some candles for the homestead Christmas tree. I looked out the windows & what did I see but a snow covered garden. I hurried to the barn where all the animals were curled up in the straw. Food & fresh water for all. Our little farm of sorts taken care of. Just one more day of doing these chores & hubby will be back to caring for them once again. His week of day shift will end. Hubby may have lost his old dog to me. The old dog follows me every where I go outside & lays under the window outside of the homestead kitchen. Shivering I hurried to get back to the house as the dog followed after me.


Feeling chilled to the bone I decided to warm the homestead kitchen with a little baking before starting supper.

By end of day another supper was shared by all. Pumpkin roll was sliced wrapped & placed in this old pie plate my Mom gave me. Found at an auction. Something old she knew I would love. Now holding my yummy pumpkin roll. The kitchen cleaned my apron hung for the night & the homestead kitchen closed. Off I went to share my day with all of you. Peace be with you all as I say good nite.

Blessings Til Next Time!

4 comments:

  1. that pumpkin roll looks so good..have a wonderful friday;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummm..Pumpkin rolls are the best.Keep cozy at your little homestead.Warm Blessings!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a beautiful old pan your Mom gave you! The pumpkin rolls look delicious. Glad everyone is snug and warm

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a perfect day to me! The pumpkin rolls looks delicious, especially setting in the old enamel dish.

    ReplyDelete