Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Gray Paint For The Sewing Cabinet & Gray Granitware










We have an open floor plan so I picked gray paint because of all the gray granite ware I have in DR. LVR & Kitchen. The cabinet looked more blue than gray. It looked just to plain and cold looking. So out came the walnut stain. The stain gave it just the right shade and worn look. This is some of the granite ware we have collected. We got the large coffee pot the same day we were married. Other pieces we got at flea markets, Ebay and from my Gram. Yes I still have my nativity out. Some company has asked why it is out. I stopped putting it back in a box years ago. Jesus was not just sent for Christmas so why box it up and put it away. After the sewing machine cabinet was done I got to thinking about an old ugly tall two door cabinet I was going to get rid of. It may just look prim perfect painted gray too. It would be great to store patterns & fabric in. No pic of it to share right now. I will have to ask Hubby & the Boy's if they will dig it out for me soon.

Blessings Til Next Time!

4 comments:

  1. Hey Lara:) I was right... a sewing cabinet. It looks great! I Love that old graniteware. Can't wait to see what you do with that old door:P
    Hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I like it! It turned out great! And what a great graniteware collection! I see that all the time at the thriftstore, I'm gonna have to start grabbing it! (Now that I said that I won't be seeing it at all. lol)
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Lara
    Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment. I love your pic of the old homestead and your sewing cabinet is quite amazing.
    Hugs
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. that cabinet is wonderful!!! I just scrolled down and saw those precious baby kittens!!! oh am I baby hungry..I just can't resist a baby kitten...they are adorable..:) I am posting the sizzix as we speak on my blog..;) have a wonderful thursday and thanks for stopping by..I am adding you to my blog roll.;)

    ReplyDelete