Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend Coming Soon











Memorial Day weekend is coming soon. I wish everyone a safe & fun time. So what have I been up to since my last post? Well I went to a public sale. There I got the wood tool box & Old Ford oil can. Since then I put a doll body in for her coffee bath & started a penny rug. Did a little tweaking to the peg rack. So far I put an old lantern my Pap gave me about a year before he passed. The lantern was sitting on the kitchen counter one night I visited. He asked me if that was the kind of lantern I was looking for. Well yes it was. He said it's yours take it with you. Ollies kittens are now walking about. Could this old guy be the dad. I wonder? The baskets hanging in the gazebo are filling out nicely. A humming bird is feeding from them. I am trying to get a pic. So that is about it for now.

Blessings til next time!

5 comments:

  1. Love the tool box. How special is that lantern! What a sweet memory to hold. Enjoy your day and have a fabulous Memorial Day.
    Hugs,
    AMY

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh those kittens are just adorable..I want one..and yeah that does look like the daddy...they are all beautiful..give them all a snuggle for me.;) love your penny rug too..have a great weekend.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. First time visit to your blog ~ and I really enjoyed myself. I, like you... LOVE the old antiques. In fact, I have that exact same red lantern hanging on my deck and a green one like it too. Also, an old tool box that looks like yours. I was reading some prior post and noticed you mentioned inheriting many of your treasures moving onto an old homestead. That too is where many of my treasures came from... my husbands great grandparents and grandparents and parents. It just makes you treasure them more when you know they are part of your heritage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for praying for my son, I appreciate it more then you will ever know. I will keep you posted on my blog as to how he is doing. Blessings to you and your family...Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lara! I'd say he's the daddy of the kitty that looks just like him for sure;)
    xoxo
    Carol

    ReplyDelete